[peel] OT: Some World Music

Stuart stuartb@...
Sun Aug 28 20:56:00 CEST 2011

Also check out www.patestapes.com <http://www.patestapes.com/>  and choose
the Africa: Juju Soukous and Afro Beats shelf

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Martin
Wheatley
Sent: 28 August 2011 18:04
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [peel] OT: Some World Music

At 16:04 28/08/2011, Alan wrote:

>It's possible that I heard about these via this group, or members
>thereof, so apologies if I'm preaching to the converted.
>
>I have recently discovered some blogs sharing African Music
>
><http://freedomblues.blogspot.com/>http://freedomblues.blogspot.com/
>http://osibisaba.blogspot.com/
><http://wrldsrv.blogspot.com/>http://wrldsrv.blogspot.com/
>
>This record is particularly brilliant:
><http://osibisaba.blogspot.com/2011/07/alex-konadu-mewu-ama-wo.html>http://
osibisaba.blogspot.com/2011/07/alex-konadu-mewu-ama-wo.html

Heres a couple more

http://likembe.blogspot.com
http://awesometapesfromafrica.blogspot.com/

>Finally, coming soon on Sky Arts 1, Classic Albums: Phil Collins' Face
Value

It should be remembered that that Phil Collins was always a strong supporter
of Peel Anytime his show was under pressure from the BBC suits he could
be relied upon to write to the newspapers supporting Peel
A reporter once said to him 'but Peel doesn't play your
records' Phil Collins
replied 'Nor should he. But he played us when we started and that's
why he's essential'

martinw