John's 40th Birthday - 30th August 1979

Stuart Mchugh stuart@...
Sat Aug 27 19:39:15 CEST 2011

billfromnorthwales:
> There is just no way that you heard them anywhere else except on
> Peel's show...
well, I'd say that Stuart Henry and Brian Ford could have easily have
played them, though the odds of JP being the source would be
considerably greater... now, old playlists from Street Sounds, and,
er, what was SH's show called - that'd be good.

DQ:
> Also reviews in the music press...
Not sure I ever bought a record on the basis of a review, but
fortunately I had friends who would take chances on stuff Dave
McCulloch had written - but mostly the radio. Bought the first album
and half dozen singles, but always heard them before buying, I'm
pretty sure -

Stuart Mchugh
po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb ...  t: 01506 840063 ...  e: editor@...