Desert Island Discs

ford.alan@... ford.alan@...
Wed Apr 20 20:54:07 CEST 2011

er, make that 500 episodes:

"We have made 500 episodes permanently available to listen online or download to keep (e.g. as podcasts), and we will be adding each new weekly episode. This is more than 350 hours of listening, so should keep the most ardent Desert Island Discs fan going for a bit!

The episodes chosen are the 500 most recent from the launch date of the archive, March 2011.

Some programmes will also be rebroadcast â€" with new introductions by Kirsty Young and in themed series â€" on Radio 4’s digital sister station, 4Extra.

We aim  to make more programmes available in the future"