More 70s stuff on Radio Rewind

ken ken_garner@...
Mon Apr 18 11:09:16 CEST 2011

As I expect some others of you did, and I am probably behind the times again, I got the following update last night from the Radio Rewind site about new archive stuff now available on their site. For our purposes, it seems audio from the infamous Radio 1 fun day out at Mallory Park in 1975 which Peel repeatedly celebrated has been found! (though I do not know if Peel actually appears in it, I suspect not)

ken

"As a member of the historic Radio Rewind website you may like to know about exciting new additions. We are expanding the site and hope to share even more of the archive with you.
For those interested in the history of the BBC Light Programme which began in 1945, the Light history section has been increased to include over fifty archive sound clips featuring the launch day and the programmes aired over the years. There are comedy shows featured like Hancock's Half Hour, dramas like Dick Barton, music from Children's Favourites as well as information regarding the stations demise. You will find more programme information and photographs of past performers at; http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/radio2/light_programme_page.htm
Recently added shows for you to enjoy online include a 1961 edition of Pick Of The Pops with David Jacobs featuring Elvis at number one, a 1965 "Let's Go" Bank Holiday show featuring the Rolling Stones, a Simon Dee Midday Spin 1967 show and the chaotic Mallory Park Radio 1 Fun Day from 1975 with David Hamilton. There's also a rundown of the 1977 years' Top 20 with Tom Browne as compere. For links to these please browse to; http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/interactive/website_news.htm
Thanks for your support,
Best Wishes"