[peel] Re: 'In Concert' Sad Cafe, Red Noise etc

MARK LUETCHFORD M.Luetchford@...
Wed Apr 13 21:41:56 CEST 2011

didn't he play with some else too? A stint in Siouxie or something? I can remember Peel commenting that Bill and Pete Hammill were part of a very small band of people that he would always listen to what they released as he rather suspected that they knew more about music than he did... and he knew a lot!

--- On Wed, 13/4/11, Humphrey <thebarguest@...> wrote:

From: Humphrey <thebarguest@...>
Subject: [peel] Re: 'In Concert' Sad Cafe, Red Noise etc
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 13 April, 2011, 15:30

I attended a Bill Nelson "reunion of Be Bop Deluxe" gig, also in Sheffield, 6 years ago - can't find any boots of that tour at all, sadly ... Bill used to meet up with Peely for a curry in Bradford (well, once anyway) ... If any "younger" readers of this forum are unfamiliar with BN's art, just check out these albums :
Axe Victim 1974
Red Noise 1979
Drastic Plastic 1978
Quit Dreaming & Get On The Beam 1981 (single - "Do You Dream In Colour")

Bill was "discovered" by JP back in 71 via a hippyish solo album ...