[peel] XTC, but not Peel?

Stuart stuartb@...
Tue Apr 5 12:38:26 CEST 2011

The track is on an Old Grey Whistle Test compilation released by BBC
Worldwide in 2001
http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Old-Grey-Whistle-Test/release/1093502 .
You might be able to deduce from the audio where the track came from.

I think DLT would have been mono AM, if it came from the OGWT then mono but
better than AM quality (probably) unless recorded by mic from a TV, and if
in FM stereo then may have been the single played on JP? Or else a much
later rip form the OGWT DVD (though don't know if OGWT were recorded in
stereo at the time)

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
dgmccarthy
Sent: 05 April 2011 04:14
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] XTC, but not Peel?

I have an mp3 of "Statue of Liberty" by XTC but do not know its provenance.
It came in a torrent as a fifth track with their 2nd Peel session but, by
all accounts (Ken Garner, BBC), there were only four tracks recorded and
"Statue" wasn't one of them.

It's not Sight And Sound or OGWT or any other versions I can find on-line,
but I see from IST that they did record it for DLT in January 1978.

Does anyone have that session? Or can anyone suggest where this may have
come from? I can upload it if anyone's interested.

Thanks.

David