First of the L files

steve saipanda@...
Mon Sep 27 05:43:59 CEST 2010

Many thanks indeed to Roger for these. Great to start on another collection - following on from the initial 400 Box and assorted others since then.

Also many thanks indeed to Steve Lowman for providing the materials and for Rocker for again acting as central HQ, despite the many demands on his time.

Roughly on the pattern of the original 400 Box, I've started a couple of new pages on the wiki to try and keep track on the new collection, which I've called the "SL Tapes" (after consultations with Steve L and Rocker). Here are the links:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/SL_Tapes
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/SL_Tapes_%28tapes%29

What I'm thinking at the moment is to open up the tape pages with the links for the time being. Then maybe people here can help out by opening pages new tracklisting (for shows) or mixtape (for compilations) and help put the pages together. (See Help section on the wiki menu for a few hints on how to do this).

I know it's not possible for everyone to get involved with ripping tapes, due to time, equipment or location issues, but your help on the wiki would be much appreciated for this group project. Please get in touch with me off-list if you'd like to help catalogue Steve L's tapes, but you're not sure exactly where to start. The wiki is not as hard as you may think...

On another wiki/Steve L matter, I recently started a page on there with a postcard from Peel to Steve L. Details here:
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Postcards

I don't know if anyone else here has similar that they would like to share, but if so maybe they could on this page. Again, please get in touch if you need help on the wiki.

OK, enough from me. Thanks again to Steve Lowman, Rocker and all the rippers, as well as those sharing other shows and helping out on the wiki.

Cheers,

Steve W