400 Box - new show (26 Nov 79)

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Fri Oct 8 21:14:26 CEST 2010

Next show up for download is the bulk of the one from Monday 26 November 1979. This show was recorded across 3 unbranded cassettes, that only gave around 14 minutes of recording per side. Consequently, there's more than the usual amount of tape flips to contend with. By the time you reach the last side of the last tape, I get the impression that the chap doing the recording has realised that he hasn't got too much room left, so the pause button comes into play. Thankfully, Peel's links are pretty much intact. Could be a candidate for a reconstruction job perhaps. I'd estimate that around 20 mins at the end of the show are missing.

The sound quality on some of these tapes wasn't great either. The first minute or so of both starts of side a and b of the last tape are rather wobbly. I've done my best with the source material; maybe a deck with adjustable azimuth could get a better rip.

Show date: 26 November 1979
Sessions: Pink Military (#1) and Secret Affair (#2)
Wiki: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/26_November_1979

I had some problems uploading to the mooo server earlier, so for now there's just a megaupload link.

Dr Mango