wiki change

steve saipanda@...
Wed Oct 6 21:12:02 CEST 2010

Replying to myself - first sign of madness...

OK, the new system wiki is up and running, kind of. Have tried to sort through the debris and hopefully the site is now vaguely usable.

Possible problem points:

-Bit different and therefore takes getting used to? Nothing to do with me, guv. I'm with you.

-Impossible to find anything? Have tried sorting out the navigation a bit, but not yet tackled (included) the assorted projects of this group (eg, 400 Box page) and the Web section. Will get to these tomorrow if I get a bit of time, hopefully (now 4am here).

-Pages look messed up? There's a new fixed width system in place, which might make some pages look a bit strange in terms of wrapping around or other layout things. Weird ones include the front page (which I've had a bit of a go at). Hope to get things looking fairly familiar fairly soon.

-Other consequences of fixed layout? One is that things might look a bit squashed or elongated, depending on the width of your screen. Sorry, can't change back to the previous adjustable system. A related thing is that those with side screens might find a narrow wiki in the middle of the screen and large (not ultra-attractive) grey blocks on each side of the content. Will try and sort out some reasonable theme colour in due course. Don't know if anyone has any preferences - I'm with red (as per Peel's colour of choice to get married in).

Anyway, I've had enough of this stuff for this evening. Apologies again for any inconvenience. Please remember, if you can't find links/pages that was there before, try "Navigation" in the Help section (of the new top menu).

And good night from Tokyo...

Cheers,

Steve