January 1993 Mixtape and first of Concert Tapes

Stuart stuartb@...
Sun Nov 28 21:19:59 CET 2010

Near the start of 1993, I changed from TDK-D90 to Maxell XL-IIS tapes. This should be audibly apparent from the 4th track of this mixtape.

It contains tracks from mostly unavailable shows, and includes complete sessions by Dinosaur Jr, Drop Nineteens and New FADs in crystal clear FM stereo.

Until yesterday I had thought that the Drop Nineteens song with "At The End" in the lyrics was called such, then for the last 24 hours I became convinced it was "Winona" until finally a lyric search confirmed it was "My Aquarium". Anyway both session and record versions are here, to compare and contrast!

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Peel_January_1993

I had decided I would go back and transcribe all of the concert tapes I was on about last week after completing the JP Shows, but then discovered that one of them, the Sonic Youth December 1992 set, was actually broadcast as part of the Peel show on 22nd January 1993.

So here it is:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_January_1993

Stuart