[peel] My (not so much a box but more several shelves of) Peel Tapes

Philip Edwards festive50@...
Tue Nov 2 00:53:57 CET 2010

Hi all
I'm a bit confused here,
Over the last week I've been busy uploading my existing 1990/1991 tapes
which I'd already ripped to Mooo Server/Phil directory
Currently:-
1990 - 12 files
1991 - 51 files - 32 files still uploading.

So why can't I see them in http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Mooo_Server#phil

These files were originally on my server (in case anyone doesn't have
these).
Now I can start to rip the rest of them (I'll start ripping the remainder
this weekend).  I've finally put them in date order and all in one place. I
underestimated the number. It now stannds at 601 tapes plus about 20
missing.

>> 2) One thing I’ve noticed about the earlier tapes in your series, when I
was doing a lot of tracklistings for them, is that quite often the first 45
minutes of a show
>> have been muffled and the second half have been clear, or vice versa.
This may be due to an azimuth mismatch between either the forward and
reverse (if it is >> an auto reverse deck) or between deck a and deck b on
your multideck. The best recording will come from playing back on the
correct deck, in the correct
>> direction, it should be obvious on listening which deck a tape was
originally recorded on, it should sound much clearer on the correct one! If
it is an entirely
>> different deck, then you may well have to adjust azimuth on playback. You
might also get a better sound by having the Dolby off on replay.

Sadly, the 1990-92 tapes were taped on on my nephews Akai tape deck
The 1997 - 2003 were recorded on my Teac which I'm using for digitising.
Anything else was recorded on an Aiwa tape deck.