Vintage Peel - Reel tape format?

ken ken_garner@...
Mon Nov 1 12:06:46 CET 2010

I'm not an expert, Rocker, and have not possessed or used a reel to reel for 25 years, but my memory tells me our old Bush Elizabethan we had at home in the 60s and 70s had the tracks configured "1-4" and "2-3". There were two push buttons marked thus which you pushed to select which "track", giving double track mono - I am pretty sure stereo recording was not possible - on each "side" of the tape reel. Might not that kind of track layout explain what you're hearing?

ken