60's Top Gear programmes and playlists ...A DISCOVERY!

postscriptxyz postscriptxyz@...
Mon Nov 1 01:33:27 CET 2010

If anyone has an interest in sixties radio, the Top Sounds releases are really enjoyable. Most include a handful of Top Gear session tracks - usually sourced from transcription disc.

The latest release (Look At The Sun, TSSCD 005) contains the following :
Elmer Gantry's Velvet Opera - Reactions Of A Young Man (Top Gear 3/11/67)
Kaleidoscope - The Murder Of Lewis Tollani (Top Gear 13/12/67)
Kaleidoscope - Faintly Blowing (Top Gear 13/12/67)
The Fleur De Lys - Cross Cut Saw (Top Gear 11/10/67)

The CD insert includes Kaleidoscope's recollection of recording the session. It also includes cuttings, from what I assume is the Radio Times, showing all the above artists appeared on the show. However, none of these sessions appear in Ken's book.  Any views Ken?

Pad