His father's voice

Alan Ford ford.alan@...
Sun May 30 17:14:51 CEST 2010

Interview with Tom Ravenscroft in today's S. Times, re his new show on
6 Music (Fri 9pm)

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article7137130.ece

Haven't read it all yet, but here's an early sample:

“One of the most exciting things that’s happened to me,” he says, the
sonic spit for his dad, “is getting my own BBC email address. It’s,
like, ‘This is all I’ve ever wanted.’ I was just so f***ing proud. I
emailed all my friends and went, ‘Look what I’ve got.’” There are
tears in his eyes as he says this. Yet, as he well knows, the cream
may soon curdle. For Ravenscroft, who has stood in for other 6 Music
DJs in the past, is, of course, joining a ship that could be about to
sink.

Cheers

Alan