Another listener writes before they were famous...

stanleyarms sdmaclean@...
Fri Mar 12 18:40:06 CET 2010

Before I was famous (!), we had an earthquake here in Seattle, Feb 28 2001 (remember it since Mum's bday).  I was listening to Peel at work and mailed him about it.  News filtered through to BBC about the quake and I became Peel's man-on-the-spot, I think he read 3 or 4 mails on air.  I wonder if that show is available anywhere, I have never figured out all these show archives.

I always smiled at how some people's name and locations sounded so 'right' when he read them out, I think it must have been the syllable count plus the delivery.  My own favourite was "Michael Day of Portland, Oregon'.  And of course Mick Ashman was a great name to hear.

Waah, I used to get a mention in the Thank Yous on the rocklist.net festive fifty page, seems like it has been, ahem, redesigned ;)

Stuart