Night Ride playlists

Paul Bryant pbryant98@...
Wed Jun 30 00:08:40 CEST 2010

Dear all

The tapes have long gone, alas, but I dug up some partial listings of Night Ride shows I taped during its brief run on Radio 2. I only have the dates for a couple of these, the shows with the ISB and John Martyn. I think they're in chronological order, and , of course, who knows how the foreign names were really spelled, these are my 16 year old guesses based on Peel's dubious pronounciation.

enjoy

Paul
*************

Jew's harp solo
Good Luck to you, kafka - You'll Need it, boss - Henry Graham
Untitled instrumental - Principal Edwards Magic theatre
Colour Time Sequence by Messaien - BBC Symphony Orch
Thing from Russia
New Pieces - les Structures Sonores
What they're Doing Now - Henry Graham
Raga yeman Kalyan - Brij Bushan Kabra

*

Early morning Buddhist chant
Factory/The Bed/To my Unborn Son - Tom Pickard
Brenda's blues - John Fahey
The Gimber - Tom Pickard
Aboriginal children's song
Won't you come see me – Incredible String band
Rhapsody de Budapesth - Les Structures
Mr Musbeetle's message to Me - Tom Pickard
Deviation Street - the Deviants
Theme from Telemann - Max Saint-Something Quartet
Improvisation for Kwang-go
All too much for me - ISB

*

The Christian Life - Byrds
Fresh garbage - Spirit
Take a look at that baby - John fahey
To whom it may concern - Adrian Mitchell
Sunday 6.30 - Jim Eldridge
Estudio 5 - Alerio Diaz
Fire Walking Music

*

North Vietnamese Peasant Song
What do you say? - Geoff Hill
Let there be more light - Pink Floyd
The Evil Venus Tree - Geoff Hill
The Death of the Clayton peacock - John Fahey
Bektashi Song - Pere Sultan Abdul
Geoff Hill's talking Blues - geoff Hill
Cancer, the Moon Child - Zodiac Cosmic Sounds

*

Come along and sing a song of summer - John martyn
Mud - Gillian Barron
March - les Structures Sonores
Just doing our job - Fraternity of Man
Furniture - Gillian Barron
Music for an Auspicious Occasion
East Coast Trot - Johnny Dodds
The gardeners  - John martyn
Exorcising the evil spirits from the Pentagon 21st february 1967 - The Fugs
Chimney Pots and red Balloons - Gillian barron
For harriett, the Lady Violinist, and her mittens and her stuffed vulture too - "
Gat - Ravi Shankar
The River - John Martyn

*

5th March 1969

Newsflash - Richard Hill
Your shoes are dry
1967 Beatles Christmas fan club record
from Lumpy Gravy - Frank Zappa
A party political broadcast on behalf of the Burial Party - Adrian mitchell
Dust be Diamonds - ISB
Open Day at Porton Down - Adrian Mitchell
Smiling - "
Theta - ISB
Careful with that axe, Eugene - Pink Floyd

*

She was crazy, he was mad - Leon Rosselson
George King - Mitch Howard and the Occasional Music Ensemble
Waltz - cantili
[can't read next 2 items]
A bedtime poem - Mitch Howard
When i was three - Rick Sylvester and the Occasional Music Ensemble
Music from the Khyber pass
Prophet of Death and Confusion ( A happy poem) - Rick Sanders
Naked Ambition - " and the Occasional Music Ensemble
Munuet 1 from the Suite in D Minor
A few short lines - Dave Kelly
Ort - John Brown & Occasional Music Ensemble
Serena - "
As islands go I get around - "
Violation - "
Raga Yaman - Ustad Vilayat Khan
Summer in the City - Lovin' Spoonful
Waltzing in the moonlight - Country Joe
Hang on to a Dream - Tim Buckley

*

Peel apologises for messing up his programme
Auntie g - Chris Kennedy
The transfiguration of blind joe death - John Fahey
Raga Kamast
Faye Dunaway - Chris kennedy
Spanish caravan - The Doors
Malayan magical-medical music

*

Zero she flies - Al Stewart
Got to see my baby tonight - Taj Mahal
Dripsody - Hugh Lecane
For m - Frances Horowitz
Pat's Song – Country Joe and the Fish
Burbling - Al Stewart
The partisan - Leonard Cohen
Travelling Blues - Dave Kelley
Cetacian - Country Joe and the Fish
Electric Los Angeles Sunset - Al Stewart

*

Come sing me a happy song to prove we can all get along the lumpy bumpy long and dusty road - Bert jansch
She sang hymns out of tune - Idle race
The plaint of the folding women - Libby Houston
something by the Electric Flag
something by ravi Shankar
The Straight Queen's Oratory - Libby Houston
The princess's Game with the Golden Apples  by Stravinsky - BBC Symphony orch
Sour Ashtray (?)
Sonata by Scarlatti - Alerio Diaz
The Rotting Song (to the tune of Lonnie Donegan) - Libby Houston
The Victory Rag - John James
Blues Run the Game - Jackson C Frank
Keep on Truckin - Donovan
Jimmy Clay - jackson C Frank
Cymbelon dance
What a Bringdown - Cream
from Baptism - a Journey through our Times - Joan Baez
Carnival - Jackson C Frank