My Peel Listeners' Survey: UPDATE and Reminder...

ken_garner ken_garner@...
Wed Jun 23 20:18:42 CEST 2010

Many thanks to the many of you who must have completed my Peel Listeners' survey already, for my research paper, since I posted it here at the link below last Saturday:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HTP28ZD
I am amazed that I have 176 responses already, of whom almost 82% completed the entire survey: thanks again. I was imagining I might get 50 or so in the first week, so this is just sensational.
If you have not yet taken it, please do so this week if you can find me 10 minutes, I'd really appreciate it: as one of my colleagues at work said, it would be pretty impressive to get 200 or even 250.
And if you have taken it, please facebook / twitter / email / blog / special interest online group etc  the link on, to any of your acquaintance outside this group who you think might consider it, if they were once Peel listeners too.
I am also enormously appreciative of the 49 individual final comments people have made at the end, many of which are so pertinent and illuminating I will be quoting them in my paper, anonymously of course.
I have also learned that no survey is perfect:
- i should have included Eire as one of the countries in section 1
- i should have included a greater range of occupations on page 1
- and question 6 on page 3, option 1 should ideally have read not "one or two tapes" but "a few/less than 20".
You can't change these things mid-survey but I do not think any of these are so central as to undermine the main thrust of the survey and findings.
One or two people have hinted the final opinion questions are worded to generally push you one way or the other: that's the idea. The interesting thing is how many do this, relative for plumping for the middle option. Thre are already some interesting trends here
So thanks for doing it, for getting round to it now if you can, and forwarding onwards if you have!
cheers

ken