New Mixtape Peel Summer 1985 and erasure disaster

Stuart stuartb@...
Fri Jul 16 01:37:08 CEST 2010

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Peel_Summer_1985

Most of these recordings are from June 1985, consisting mainly of session tracks. It appears that I recorded over a Fall session and a Horsemove track from a June show .... with a stereo version of the Fall session from one of the session repeats! The Horsemove track is preserved (albeit in AM 400 Box format)

Incidentally I have March and April 1985 compilations ready to roll just as soon as I put on some final tracks but I have to report ..... I had decided that the last few tracks of one of my tapes belonged to the April so I stopped ripping March at that point. Then when it came time to rip April, I found the tape was at the end. OK, so I rewound and found that the last few tracks had disappeared!!

Yes, I must have bumped the record and play buttons at the same time with my knee (the deck is just sitting on the PC tower) and erased a Fuzztones track, parts of two JMC session tracks and the Dawn Chorus and the Blue Tits rendition of Teenage Kicks.

The JMC stuff is OK, it has been released on CD but the version of Teenage Kicks was very clean sounding and better than the one on the torrent.

Doh!

At least I have learned my lesson and nothing truly irreplaceable was lost but I was very angry with myself....

Stuart