John Peel Presents Family Live In Concert X-mas1972 (from re broadcast

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Fri Jan 15 19:31:03 CET 2010

Funny thing.

The official "Family Live 1971" CD says it was recorded at the Rainbow in London, but it is really the BBC In concert with Peel's links taken out. I know because I used it to patch the tape flip.

You don't think they did not want to pay the BBC do you?

Those 1977 shows I recorded had Faces, Thin Lizzy and Family In Concert. He used to play old and occasionalyy new shows quite often in the late 70's with Wishbone Ash and Jethro Tull amongst the other ones I captured.

You know how much he hated Tull, so there is a story to that one (imposed as a simulcast with BBC2)

Bill