New Wave Prog 29/8/77 Reconstruction

jake rayytann@...
Tue Jan 12 13:20:39 CET 2010

I hope you're right - but it does look like some of XTC's session tracks have either been lost or wiped.

This is a quote from Andy Partridge talking about the "Transistor Blast" boxed set of XTC's BBC recordings (which only includes "Cross Wires" from their first session):

http://chalkhills.org/articles/Pulse9903.html

"We went back to the BBC and got the use of all the sessions that we did for them--well, the ones they haven't wiped. They're notorious for wiping stuff. They've wiped the greats. They've wiped Hendrix. They've wiped just marvelous stuff. They've wiped eight of ours. But all the remaining stuff, we then sifted through it and we made up four discs. Two live discs, live in concert, and two studio sessions discs."