1979 FESTIVE 50 TOP TEN REMASTERED

jake rayytann@...
Tue Jan 5 01:31:25 CET 2010

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, MARK LUETCHFORD <M.Luetchford@...> wrote:

> Thanks Jake
>
> a great xmas present - will be jumping up and down all year and beyond as long as my creaking knees hold out an dmy kids don't make me feel ridiculous - although introducing them to Madness videos over the festivities might have bought me some credit.
>
> thanks for this and in anticipation  of another year of great discoveries of new music in the spirit intended by Mr Peel. My current favourite are The  Stornoways - I would appreciate tips about new bands (or whole genres) I might have missed without a show to replace.
>
> Happy newish year
>
> Mark

Hi Mark

Glad you liked it - and happy new year to you too! After yesterday's result at Old Trafford I must say that I'm really loving 2010 already....

I remastered the first part of the 2000 all time festive 50 the other day just as a bit of a challenge because I knew it would be more tricky (I'm not an expert at this audio editing lark by any means - I've just got some old and rather obsolete software that I've taught myself to use by trial and error), so I might post that one up as well.

Can't give you any advice about new music - although I have (literally) just ordered a cd by a band called Polski Fiat. I've no idea what it sounds like, but having endured a road trip across half of Europe in a very battered old Polski Fiat many years ago I felt compelled to buy it when I came across it while searching on amazon for something else.

It'll probably be crap - but on the other hand I've made some of my best music purchases ever based on a random impulse, so you never know....

Rgs

Jake