[OT] Altrok 90.5 HD2 Is On The Air

AltrokRadio hubcity@...
Wed Feb 24 22:23:43 CET 2010

Folks,

As you know, I've followed the Peel group for quite a while, and, of course, the man himself once gave my website and I a shout-out.  Thought you might be interested...

At about 3:10 Eastern Time this afternoon, Altrok 90.5 HD2 went ON THE AIR, transmitting on a digital HD Radio signal that piggybacks on 90.5 The Night's FM signal, all of which emanates from its tower in Lincroft, NJ.

Our first song, funnily enough: The Dream Syndicate's "Tell Me When It's Over". With that, Modern Rock returns to the Jersey Shore.

I don't pretend to be as knowledgeable as either Peel (not possible) or even any other member here on the group, especially the folks at Dandelion Radio...but I thought you might like the idea that there's a radio station in the US playing the occasional Melt Banana or Fall track between Franz Ferdinand and Modest Mouse.

If you're not in range or haven't got an HD Radio, listen here:

http://wbjb.org/altrok

-Sean