Skiffling.....

steve saipanda@...
Tue Feb 23 05:31:31 CET 2010

Couple of wiki-related things on TV, skiffle, etc...

Made a rough wiki listing a little while back to try and pull together info on TV stuff (this is part of the Reference section on the left menu of every page):
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Peel_On_TV

Still have to add a lot of references/pages for individual shows. There is a brief page for OGWT, which used to had the skiffle clip on a youtube link of OGWT stuff - which now seems to have been pulled.

(The clip is itself was released as part of the OGWT vol 2 DVD compilation:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Old-Grey-Whistle-Test-DVD/dp/B0000AISIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1266898714&sr=1-1)

Will sub in the new Terry & Gerry youtube link on the OGWT wiki page.

On the TOTP front, have to mention the mighty efforts of Adam to provide full listings:
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Top_Of_The_Pops_%28Appearances%29

> For all those interested in skiffle - John Peel tells about its importance in his own musical journey here that Stuart uploaded not long ago. On the reverse side of Tape 411 was a 46 minute section of Walter's Weekly, which includes a contribution from Peel on skiffle.
>
> http://www.mediafir e.com/download. php?ok0mdaojjtz
>
> I feel a wiki page on skiffle coming on ...

A wiki page on skiffle would be great if anyone fancies doing it - just the kind of thing the wiki is there for.

As well as the Walters show interview mentioned by Mark, the pair also discuss skiffle/Lonnie Donegan on show one of Peeling Back The Years. Recently did a transcript of this for the wiki:

http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Peeling_Back_The_Years_1_%28Transcipt%29

Cheers,

Steve W