More Festive Fifties - 1983 & 1984

jake rayytann@...
Sat Feb 6 05:55:02 CET 2010

Hi Ray

Thanks a million for these!

The recordings I've already got of the 1983 and 1984 festive fifties have one or two gaps (eg between #28 and #27 in 1983, and Peel's intro to #50 in 1984) and the files you've posted contain the missing bits - as well as being excellent quality.

Awesome stuff - I can't wait to hear the rest....

Do you really have some of the 1979 festive 50 as well?

I've remastered all of the 1979 off air festive fifty recordings that i've got - which match what is on the John Peel Wiki page, ie [brief introduction from Peel prior to #50], 49-48, 47, 44, 34-33, 31, 30, 28 [part], 27-26, 22, 20, 19-16, 14-11 and 10-1.

I've got all the other tracks, so at least I can listen to each countdown in decent quality with interjections from Peel's dulcet tones whenever available. However, it would be great to create a more complete version....

Rgs

Jake