[peel] For completists only...

Gert Stuut dutch_record_59@...
Thu Feb 4 08:27:28 CET 2010

Wow! More Peel's Pleasures and Festive Fifties.

Thanks,
Gert

________________________________
From: ray_b2 <tressell@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, February 4, 2010 4:22:46 AM
Subject: [peel] For completists only...

Having lurked for a long time here, I thought it was time to give something back to this wonderful community. I recently took delivery of a bunch of my old cassettes that had been in storage for many years, and have started digitizing them. They are nearly all partial Festive Fifty shows, so no huge surprises here, but to my aged ears these generally sound better than the copies currently available, and in some cases have many of the session tracks that preceded the countdown itself. I regret I have not updated the wiki with the contents.

First up, FFs from 1980 to 1982. Where these are in two parts, the second is the FF itself. In some cases the first is assembled from two or more separately recorded segments - I was short on tape in those days, I guess, and not averse to liberal use of the pause button.

22/12/80: http://www.mediafire.com/?tmmmzjnyjzk
23/12/80: http://www.mediafire.com/?25gwozwztjw
24/12/80: http://www.mediafire.com/?jzza43ozhln
29/12/80: http://www.mediafire.com/?mqamkilywtw
30/12/80: http://www.mediafire.com/?imgftnjnmfm

23/12/81: http://www.mediafire.com/?zltmndvzjmt
24/12/81: http://www.mediafire.com/?gnz2121jnnz
28/12/81: http://www.mediafire.com/?unjvtnmmkw2
29/12/81: http://www.mediafire.com/?zm12kme5xdg
30/12/81: http://www.mediafire.com/?yymmv1wwynl

14/04/82: http://www.mediafire.com/?gl4zytejyzr   [fragments only]
15/12/82 (1): http://www.mediafire.com/?x50ymtnzuko
15/12/82 (2): http://www.mediafire.com/?zrzgqmmktzj
16/12/82 (1): http://www.mediafire.com/?jmwo5cwdmzj
16/12/82 (2): http://www.mediafire.com/?qtjh3ddizrw
20/12/82 (1): http://www.mediafire.com/?zcddnzckw2m
20/12/82 (2): http://www.mediafire.com/?yuyynj3mwio
21/12/82 (1): http://www.mediafire.com/?2yny5hrt2f1
21/12/82 (2): http://www.mediafire.com/?otznm1b3mmn
22/12/82 (1): http://www.mediafire.com/?njngznhmdd4
22/12/82 (2): http://www.mediafire.com/?l0emyyumyhw
23/12/82 (1): http://www.mediafire.com/?yjtyd0jmmtv
23/12/82 (2): http://www.mediafire.com/?1jw4nkwmrgg
27/12/82 (1): http://www.mediafire.com/?zmyjuuimzgj
27/12/82 (2): http://www.mediafire.com/?z1nnnyvyu2x
28/12/82 (1): http://www.mediafire.com/?ndodmmmzm0r
28/12/82 (2): http://www.mediafire.com/?gul5lid5zgj
29/12/82: http://www.mediafire.com/?njzyoyqqcvj
30/12/82 (1): http://www.mediafire.com/?3irhkmmdnzw
30/12/82 (2): http://www.mediafire.com/?wmdmgnotyut

I also present a couple of different copies of Peel's Pleasures shows from 1981 and 1982. The 1981 one features the legendary "The fleet's lit up" recording in its entirety. Someone with more time on their hands than I could probably edit these together with the copies already out there to reconstruct most of the original programmes.

Peel's Pleasures:
22/08/81: http://www.mediafire.com/?tgvftzy1r2n
14/08/82: http://www.mediafire.com/?onfuimjhn4n

All mp3s are 256k stereo (probably overkill for a 30-year iron oxide cassette source).

Anyway, hope these are useful to someone. I've boosted the volume a little but otherwise not manipulated them in any way - all blemishes are original to the tapes themselves. I have more Festive Fifty tapes going up to 1990 in a similar style (gradually becoming more complete) if anyone would like to hear more.

Ray