Decktician Logs Vol 2 (ii): Top Gear & Friday Night is Boogie Night, 1972

ken ken_garner@...
Fri Dec 24 17:17:52 CET 2010

I am now going to take a wee break from this stuff for a bit, for I have just finished the long, hard haul through Decktician's logs for Top Gear (tuesdays) and Friday Night is Boogie Night (FNiBN), from Jan-Sept 1972. I enjoyed it, but there was a lot of checking to do. And gaps to fill. But we now have the complete run of FNiBN, fully documented, wow!

I have now forwarded the dated scans and notes to Steve and Steve at the Wiki, Decktician  himself, Rocker (for the tape team: some of these shows may be on Decktician's tapes, if in fragmentary form only), and last but not least, FNiBN's original producer John F Muir (via his and my mutual fb friend John Cavanagh), and the show engineer Bill Aitken. Everyone has already come back to me with some more anecdotes and memories triggered by the scans.

Once again, if you want to help out getting this stuff up on the wiki, contact the wiki team.

>From 1972 being an almost complete blank in our Peel knowledge/data a year ago, we now have detailed information and track listings for 3 shows a week for most of the year, amazing...

And all thanks to the mighty Decktician!

Happy holidays everyone

ken