[peel] Captain Beefheart live on Another Nice Mess

Philip Edwards festive50@...
Tue Dec 21 23:59:40 CET 2010

Thanks Marcelle.
I was ripping your show automatically anyway.
Can't wait to hear the complete show.
I know another member stated
"Personally  i'll be gladly remembering the Captain Beefheart ouevre just as
i have been doing ever since he stop producing music. I can't imagine him
sadly or sorely missing anything or anybody or indulging in such cliched
sentiment."
Cliched comments they may be but what's to say that other members of this
group haven't also been remembering him likewise.
After all, he was unique in the music he did produce and he
influenced/inspired so many bands often mentioned in this group.
Even now, his inspiration lives on. Talking to new band "The Chasms" at the
Dandelion  CD launch in November, Simon the bassist listed Beefheart as one
of his influences as did the vocalist.
After all isn't the raison d'ĂȘtre of this group looking back at music which
John Peel played and Beefheart must have been somewhere near the top of his
musical selections.

Phil