Need help identifying a song Peel played back in the day.

davida4348 eccsame@...
Mon Dec 13 20:05:48 CET 2010

Peel played this one on his show in December 1992-January 1993 or, perhaps, in the summer of 1993. It was a one off, not part of a session.

It was low-fi with a guy singer and, from what I remember, pretty much a cover of Malvina Reynolds' "I don't mind failing in this world" with added lyrics about JD Salinger and Seymour Glass.

I can't seem to find track listings from those time periods, or I would track it down myself. It's been driving me insane for years now.

Thanks for any help.