[peel] Re: 1979 Festive Fifty Reloaded

Stuart stuartb@...
Thu Aug 26 03:29:43 CEST 2010

I thought Isector was the true "god" around these parts!

Thanks Ray, looks like I can archive all those other versions now...

I remember my first exposure to the Festive 50 was when my Physics teacher
brought in the list to school in 1979 and generated a veritable huddle...

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of So It
Goes 2512
Sent: 26 August 2010 02:20
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Re: 1979 Festive Fifty Reloaded

Hi Ray

Really "god" to have you back again, and many thanks for these!

Best wishes
Steve [TK]

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com <mailto:peel%40yahoogroups.com> , "ray_b2"
<tressell@...> wrote:

> The perilous state of the extant 1979 Festive Fifty recordings has long
bothered me, so I decided to merge the best of the available material into
vaguely show-length pieces, plus some tasty leftovers. Not much new here: I
did dig up some recordings of the pre-FF session tracks, albeit largely
without John's patter, although you can hear the great man breathing in
places. If you turn up the volume to '11' you might even be able to make out
some of his dialog in the space between tracks.

> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/20_December_1979
> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_December_1979
> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/26_December_1979
> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/27_December_1979
> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/01_January_1980
>
> http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Late_December_1979
>
> That last one isn't really a Festive Fifty show per se, but the tracks
came from the same tapes and were recorded about the same time.

> If you downloaded my edit of the 1/1/80 show from earlier this year, the
one listed on the Wiki above is the same; it hasn't changed this time round.