Peel Listener Survey still open...

ken ken_garner@...
Sun Aug 22 10:38:37 CEST 2010

Thanks to all of you who have taken it, and I am absolutely bowled over that I have now topped 900 respondents, of whom 79% completed all questions.

But in case any of you have not got round to it, there is still time, because although I have given the paper / presentation (it went quite well I think), I have yet to formally write up the version I am going to submit to journals etc, so all data refinements appreciated.

Some basic data from the findings so far (sneak preview for your eyes only), unlikely now to be moderated much statistically by any latecomers: 903 respondents, 79% completion; almost 50% aged 35-45, and 84% male; 83% british; 75% college educated or above (aren't we an over-educated bunch?); and only 4% (30 persons) have ripped more than 20 shows, so, as we here knew, the archiving projects online are effectively led and executed by a hard core minority!

Lots more interesting stuff I can't say just now, but I think I can get not one but two articles out of it.

Thanks again, and the link for any stragglers or friends of stragglers, once again, is:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HTP28ZD

cheers,
ken