[OT] [Altrok] Update #241: Support Your Local Web Station!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Tue Sep 29 03:45:50 CEST 2009

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that. And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

And in the interest of keeping you interested...well, you *do* know about our daily retro feature, right?  No?  Well...

ALTROK'S DAILY RETRO

WEEKDAYS, 11:30a-1:30p EASTERN

Now then, we've got songs to let you know about.  By the way, look for this list at AltrokRadio.com if you'd like to buy any of it, because if you follow our links and buy at Amazon, we get a bit of a kickback.  It ain't much, but it helps.

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

    * Datarock
    * O Children
    * Fanfarlo
    * Zoot Woman
    * Florence & The Machine
    * Julian Plenti

Plus we've got newly-added music:

    * Animal Kingdom - Tin Man
    * Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
    * The Craters - Cool Enough For School
    * The Cribs - We Were Aborted
    * Dead Man's Bones - In The Room Where You Sleep
    * Echo & The Bunnymen - Think I Need It Too
    * Hounds Of Hate - I Like Triangles
    * Metronomy - Not Made For Love
    * The Rumble Strips - Back Bone
    * Screaming Lights - Phenomena
    * The Spring Standards - In the Underground
    * them:youth - Halo (Ski Bunny Remix)
    * Times New Viking - Move To California
    * Zero 7 - Everything Up (Zizou)

Our Newly-Added Classics:

    * The 25th Of May - What's Goin' On
    * Butthole Surfers - Pepper
    * Buzzcocks - Promises
    * The Cure - Friday I'm In Love
    * Depeche Mode - Walking In My Shoes
    * The Farm - Groovy Train
    * The Feelies - Crazy Rhythms
    * Modern English - Tables Turning
    * The Replacements - Unsatisfied

And don't forget the R/SYN Underground night, every Saturday at the Corner Tavern in New Brunswick, where Drew and IronMike keep you dancing with the most advanced playlist this side of the Atlantic (and where, occasionally, yours truly might show up and spin a coupla tracks...ya never know.)

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night