MIke Does It Again

saipanda saipanda@...
Fri Sep 25 18:41:38 CEST 2009

Great story from Lorcan! I wasn't in the UK at the time, so missed out on "The Search" and have since been a bit puzzled by the occasional references to it that I've heard in assorted shows and mixtapes kindly shared by various people.

Would be most excellent if Andrew could see his way to sharing his wellworn C90s at some stage. Current stream of 1999 wonders with added Peelenium is much appreciated right now, though.

On another point, I always think it's a lot nicer to remember people on their birthdays, as a happy occasion, and Peel certainly didn't keep his a secret. Think I would have chosen Peel Day as 30 August rather than some nebulous point in the second half of October. Bit late to change now, though, despite the fact that no one actually knows when it's supposed to be on any given year. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Steve W