MIke Does It Again

lorcan58 lorcan58@...
Wed Sep 23 01:30:03 CEST 2009

My thanks also to Mike for this latest tape.

Peel describes his search for a cover version of Tutti Frutti: I remember this well - the search for the mythical Little Richard cover went on for months and grew to epic proportions, with Peel reporting regularly on the progress as he ploughed through his entire record collection in alphabetical order, failing to find what he was looking for but unearthing forgotten gems along the way which he then played for us "We're up to the Gs now listeners, but still no sign".

As I recall he did finally find the cover version but by then the search had taken on a life of its own, so with typical Peel logic he continued the search for something he had already found, just so he could play us more of the things he found along the way.

Can you imagine any other DJ doing this?

Lorcan