Another Reggae/Dancehall/Toasting file uploaded from 1983

mantoid2 stuartb@...
Wed Sep 9 16:28:33 CEST 2009

Encouraged by the quick identification of my last mystery track, here is one that JP played once or twice in 1983. It's in the style of Ina Kamoze but the vocals are less "squeaky" though the toasting break is in a Jamaican accent. SQ is improving, I'm now recording from a proper Denon DR-M07, though initially the recording was on a Dual C814.

The tape is a Sony CHF90 (they were cheap but good) and the tape also has most of a 1983 Zerra 1 sesson, hald of a Darkness & Jive session, some Matt Fretton, Sophisticated Boom Boom and some slightly more embarrassing stuff too.

Stuart