Couple of unidentified 1983 tracks uploaded to Files

mantoid2 stuartb@...
Fri Sep 4 03:05:00 CEST 2009

Right, I've managed to upload a couple of my 1983 unidentifieds to the Files section. This was done through using a Saisho 1980s vintage portable Walkman cassette player with dodgy 3.5mm jack, fluttery playback and no rewind button (just FF) on a 2nd gen tape of a tape, BASF LH-E1 :@ but at least the azimuth sounds OK. :} I had to unceremoniously slice off the last minute or two of each to get them to fit onto Yahoo Groups, reducing the bitrate actually seemed to increase file size.

They both seem to be of the dark tortured synth genre and I can still see what appealed to JP and made me hit the record button at the time.

The first file may well be called "Come On Yvonne" and the second "Fantasy" or "it's a rumble".

Anyway I hope that even if no-one can identify the tracks that they get a wider audience and maybe you'll like them as much as me!

I do promise that when I get round to digitising more of my tapes I will use first gen azimuth corrected high bit rate methods.

Stuart