[peel] Re: hello from texas

Roger Carruthers unity.gain@...
Sun Oct 11 13:03:02 CEST 2009

The David Gedge programme is a Flash stream so make sure you¹ve got the
correct version of the Flash player plug-in. If indeed you are a Mac user,
and you¹ve installed Snow Leopard, there is a bug whereby it overwrites the
most up to date Flash Player with an older version, so you¹ll need to update
again, and/or check the latest on this at macrumors.com or somesuch.
 ŒWaiting for media¹ is currently the bane of my life; I run a QuickTime
streaming server at work, which amongst other things, streams a local radio
station ­ having recently updated it, I¹ve received a number of complaints
that some PC users can¹t pick up the stream. Mac users have no such problem,
which says to me that the stream is working, it¹s just a clientside problem
ie. ³It¹s not my fault!² ­ but you try telling my boss that!
Cheers
Roger