[peel] Re: Yet More 400 Box - This time 1985

robf robfleay@...
Sat Oct 10 10:31:26 CEST 2009

>I will try and get round to re-upping my version of the 12th Feb removing the clipping (I'm weatherman22 over at the Wikia)

It's weird because the files you upped sounded fine - it was only once in soundforge that I could see the wave form was clipping.

>and work out what to do with the mouldiest of the Mari Wilson tapes which
>don't even turn!

What I did with the worst ones was break the cases open, wipe all the mould off with cotton wool buds soaked in alcohol hand gel (the chemist told me they no longer stock Isopropyl Alcohol so that was the best I could manage). Then if they were still sticking, spray a bit of wd40 in the case...that did the trick and didn't seem to affect sound quality