Private Passions

ken_garner ken_garner@...
Wed Oct 7 23:36:53 CEST 2009

I think I have it somewhere. It was repeated on 2 Jan 97. I'll see if I can find it and rip it in next week or two.

ken

PS. did anybody see this, and this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/10_october/01/vale.shtml
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/the-great-john-peel-selloff-1797472.html

The indie's story has an error in the first sentence (it was a roller skating rink, not ice rink) and just gets better and better: Elton John's pub piano session was of course done in Langham 1, not Maida Vale; and it's a bit rich to say Peel's sessions put the studios on the music industry map - no-one paid them any attention at all, frankly! But Andy Rogers' quotes are good and true.