John Peel on Pirate Cat Radio in California

Mark markonnewsgroups@...
Thu Nov 19 11:44:37 CET 2009

Um, there's no Wednesday the 24th this year!  Tuesday the 24th I'm working at odd times, Wednesday the 25th I have off.  I've tested recording this station, and barring disaster I can record to mp3 by default; I doubt it would be worth recording to a better format.

I'd like to make two quick suggestions (if they haven't been made already):

Firstly, (if possible) we should arrange double shifts to cover the entire time: as far as I know we've no idea what these tapes consist of, and who knows what treasures we might miss otherwise.

Secondly, we could do what the man said and support the station.  We can make donations, or buy t-shirts (not sure about the latter, because of postage; not to mention that even the American version of X-large doesn't really cover where my waist used to be).  Quite apart from the Golden Rule, there's an element of self-interest: if we support the station, they might do it again!

Cheers all - Mark.