More Old Playlists 1968-69

grang354 colin_ellis@...
Mon Nov 16 21:12:20 CET 2009

Thanks too to Eddie for the tip - I got the show in the end & it sounds much better than it did on a cheap tranny in 1982.

Alirio Diaz's "Asturias" was also the source of the Doors' "Spanish Caravan", with Jim Morrison singing "Andalusia with fields full of brain"...or that's how it sounded at the time. It's good to have some snippets of William Hardcastle (are there any more?)but I wondered if JP really first heard "Guinevere" sitting on the floor of a flat in Chelsea with Marc Bolan? As far as I recall he was playing it quite early in summer '67 & he didn't meet Bolan until later in the year - on one Perfumed Garden he plays a Bolan track & says "wow, what an amazing voice, I must meet him"...