More Old Playlists 1968-69

Eddie Duffy eddie.duffy@...
Mon Nov 16 17:52:28 CET 2009

Thanks Andy!

A very good listen indeed, that. But I have to ask: Gerry and the sodding Pacemakers?? Amazingly, that turns out to have been a Peel Session from 1973 (though their repertoire doesn't seem to have moved on much). As Ken notes in TPS (p.288), "A one-off. 'Must have been one of Peel's funny periods' said John Walters in 92". Must say, ol' Peelie does seem to have cut music a considerable amount of slack if it had "Liverpool" stamped on it. Amsterdam, anyone?

Coincidentally, the Alirio Díaz piece has a section that sounds very similar to the opening line of "Ferry Cross The Mersey". Have a listen to 50:42 - 50:49 of Andy's file and see what you think.

Thanks to Ken and Humphrey for the recent uploads too.

Eddie.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "grang354" <colin_ellis@...> wrote:

> I'm getting the "file temporarily unavailable" message too....

That often happens a little while after a file's been uploaded to Megaupload. It usually works if you try it a couple of hours later. But it should certainly be OK now.