And three weeks after that...

ken_garner ken_garner@...
Fri Nov 6 23:56:30 CET 2009

...a little bit of historical serendipity. Hardly earth-shattering, but I know this will please some of you here. What did I find in my old mate Jem's handful of tapes, but one side of a C90 labelled "Festive Fifty 10-1 1979". Could this be a genuine complete version of the Top 10, to lay to rest the errors, myths, omissions of that widely-circulated edited mp3? (see the wiki page for the 1979 F50 for the story). So, I put the tape in the machine about an hour ago, set the pitch adjust, fiddled with the signal (pretty weak, pretty rough, only right channel, doubled it, flipped it, etc), then rewound after only two minutes and started again, ripping it throughout without touching the keyboard or tape deck at all. This is the first run through. I even left in Jem's tune-in at the start for authenticity. And lo, it is indeed Peel bringing us the Top 10 that night, unedited, with the right records in the right order. Enjoy!

k.

Peel 1980-01-01 F50 1979 Nos 10-1 unedited
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YP35UQHM