[peel] Session requests...and The Archers

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Thu May 21 21:43:53 CEST 2009

At 20:07 21/05/2009, you wrote:

>Fellow Peelites
>
>I listened to one of the archive shows on BBC6 using Martin's
>suggested Radio Sure: unfortunately, at my end it comes out as 48
>kbps mono, with buffering interruptions. So...did anybody record
>today's Visage session,as it's the first time I've heard anything by
>them apart from 'Fade To Grey' and I thought it was splendid?
>Moreover, a band called Play Dead did two sessions in the early 80s,
>and my landlord in Oxford was guitarist Steve Green's father. I've
>always wondered what they sounded like. Does anybody have either or both?
>And finally, I asked for Peel's 1991 appearance on the Archers:
>either nobody has it, or it was missed as I tucked it away at the
>end of a 500 Box notification. Any takers, please?
>Sorry for the brazen cheek in making three requests for the price of
>one, and many thanks to the kind person who labelled me one of the
>'valuable Steves'!
>
>Best wishes
>Steve [TK]

That Visage session was on the Kid Jensen prog   23-6-83 and I have that
in the archives

Play Dead actually did 3 Peel sessions.   By coincidence a track on the
2nd session was called 'The Tennant'

I'll dig some of this stuff out over the weekend

Can't help with the Archers

martinw