More New 400 Box Shows

robf robfleay@...
Sun May 17 12:37:52 CEST 2009

Ahead of schedule (as I'm bound for Rocker's kitchen next weekend so I can drop the tapes and flacs back with him in person) these shows are the sum content of my 5th Batch

Virtually all the shows are from 1984 except for the complete 1st show from the 1983 Festive Fifty (including the sessions of the year portion) and the final 20 minutes of the first show I ripped in my first batch from 1979 which was hidden away unmarked on one of the tapes!

Sadly none of the 1984 tapes are complete shows (although some come close), and the quality of the reception seems to have gone downhill, as has the regularity with which our taper did the honours..

The only other thing to note is that one and a half tapes had no Peel content at all but did have some strange ambient recordings of (what sounds like) a family trip by train?!

Oh and the Kazuko show is priceless - Peel pretty much loses it towards the end of the interview when she starts talking about the mouse.

All links on the wiki entries below

====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/16_April_1979
Generation X 3rd Session and Siouxsie & The Banshees 3rd Session
Was 01:34:48 - now completed 02:00:49
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/21_December_1983
1983 Sessions of the year + 50-41 of the 1983 Festive Fifty
Twa Toots - 1st & only session
3 Mustaphas 3 - 2nd session
Cocteau Twins- 2nd session
Xmal Deutschland- 2nd session
Echo And The Bunnymen - 5th session
Eek-A-Mouse - 1st session (with Kalabash)
02:02:57
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/13_February_1984
Onward International debut session
Frankie Goes To Hollywood 2nd session
00:24:18
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/06_March_1984
Hagar The Womb debut and only session
01:03:36
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_April_1984
del Amitri debut session
Billy Bragg 2nd session
01:51:48
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/15_May_1984
Alien Sex Fiend debut session
DOA debut & only session
01:23:06
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/21_May_1984
The Moodists debut session
The Three Johns 4th session
01:52:56
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/22_May_1984
Guana Batz 2nd session
Three Mustaphas Three 3rd session
01:32:51
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/17_July_1984
All records show with Kazuko Hohki in the studio playing a selection of Japanese records
01:41:29
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/19_July_1984
Pink Peg Slax debut session
Papa Levi debut and only session
01:42:15
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/25_July_1984
Yip Yip Coyote 3rd and final session
Die Toten Hosen debut and only session
01:00:45
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/06_August_1984
The Damned 6th and final session
Pink Peg Slax debut session
00:52:31
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/03_September_1984
Alien Sex Fiend 2nd and final session
Sid Presley Experience debut and only session
00:45:22
====
http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/19_September_1984
The Woodentops debut session