Something A Bit More Groovy?

ken garner ken_garner@...
Fri May 15 09:05:14 CEST 2009

Another late complete show discovery from my recent tidy up - Friday 8/10/93, with repeats from Tindersticks and FunDaMental. So the music is maybe a bit more interesting than the World Popular Song Festival stuff (speaking of which, me and my girls really enjoyed the second Eurovision semi final from Moscow on BBC3 last night, far fewer absolute stinkers than in the past and some jolly/catchy stuff. My eight year old is counting on Norway in the final tomorrow). Back to the plot: there is about 4 minutes missing form this show, last minute or two of the final track, and almost all of one of the Tindersticks session tracks in the tape switchover between parts a and b - I did not get my doubledeck until 95/96 I think, and may ahve been out of the room when the first tape finished. But all the Tindersticks session tracks form this their first Peel session are on their BBC Sessions double CD from Universal, a nice collection. I may have taped this show because I think this was the weekend after IN SESSION TONIGHT was published, a few days after the over the top launch party at Maida Vale, at which Buzzcocks had played live from MV4 into the Jakki Brambles Show. So I was intensely focusssed on all session-based shows. Hope you like it

PS. next week, maybe another new find - a wonderful early Kershaw show complete from early 1988 - anyone interested?

Peel 1993-10-08a
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NN8J6UY5
Peel 1993-10-08b
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MXE18KKL