[peel] world service anyone?

Mike Parker parkermike81@...
Tue Mar 24 00:01:35 CET 2009

great story roger,peel motivated me in my job years ago too,i remember taking in the previous nights show to listen to in the factory with the blessing of the boss who even supplied the cable to plug in to the works electricity,no world service tapes though at that time so i guess this one`s from the 90`s and only 36 min`s long but another one might turn up,cheers mike.http://www.megaupload.com/?d=flihi493

--- On Mon, 23/3/09, Roger Carruthers <unity.gain@...> wrote:

From: Roger Carruthers <unity.gain@...>
Subject: Re: [peel] world service anyone?
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 23 March, 2009, 8:40 PM

Yes, indeed. Peely on the World Service was a lifeline for me when I spent a few months working on a Moshav in the Negev desert many moons ago.
 We used to park the tractor near wherever we were working in the tomato fields so that we could listen to him on it’s crappy little radio. I think I wrote to him once to tell him how much this meant to us – I hope he got it.
That would have been around the time the Stranglers made Dreamtime (we went to see them play in Tel Aviv!), which Wikipedia tells me was 1986; do you have anything from this vintage, by any chance?
Cheers
Roger