Peel 1993 Lunchtime Show Number 4

ken garner ken_garner@...
Fri Mar 13 00:53:57 CET 2009

I've eventually got round to digging out the rest of the week's shows back in April 1993 when Peel sat in for Jackie Brambles on the Radio 1 lunchtime show. This was Thursday and the novelty was evidently beginning to wear off for both John and, er, some of his listeners. Some of his links, the outraged faxes read out and Peel's reactions, are very funny – including one from the finance office of what would 3 months later become my employer, Glasgow Caledonian University! Notice how he keeps promising, in response to every fax requesting some "real" music "like Simply Red" "
coming up very soon!" which is very droll. The final handover to Gary Davies is quite amusing too. Sound quality not so good on this one, a bit hissy and wobbly at times but good enough. I will try to do the final, Friday show, next week sometime, but I do not have the last 25 minutes of that one, it appears. Anyway, here's where to get this one:

Peel Lunchtime Show #4, 1993-04-08a, 12.45-1.30pm.mp3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OEGTVVZW
Peel Lunchtime Show #4, 1993-04-08b, 1.30-2-15pm.mp3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W10FVAVN
Peel Lunchtime Show #4, 1993-04-08c, 2.15-3pm.mp3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EGRXJXQ0