Re: [peel] Re: Ebay 400 Box Batch4 20 NEW SHOWS

markbursa@... markbursa@...
Mon Mar 9 02:46:11 CET 2009

>>> The show in question starts normally with the sig and a  Stranglers track
which is edited out (anybody know what it is?), and then 'New  Dawn Fades',
with Peely adding afterwards, 'Once again, our sympathy to Ian  Curtis' family
and friends'.<<

There's a big chunk edited out after the stranglers track. Peel didn't  just
play NDF - he started by saying he'd heard that IC had died (just died -  no
mention of suicide), that he had no further details and that he would  play a
JD track by means of a tribute, and then introduced NDF by name.

Hence the "''once again..." comment after the track was played.

>>The new batch resolves my very first query on this group: the  record that
> > > Peel played as a tribute to Ian Curtis on 19  May 1980 I now DEFINITELY
know
> > > to have been 'New Dawn  Fades', not 'Atmosphere'>><<

You knew definitely when you asked the question and I (and others) told  you.
Not a moment I was likely to forget. Horrible feeling.

Wonder why Bryan edited out the comments?

Mark