Help Needed Identifying Peel Tracks From 1968/69

ken garner ken_garner@...
Mon Mar 2 22:53:06 CET 2009

Last 2 of those were quite easy to place:

Tracks 9, 8' 57" is comprised of just two session tracks from late on in the Top Gear of
23/6/68: The Glass Menagerie's 'Love Me Two Times', followed three edited-out tracks
later by Spooky Tooth's 'I Can't Quit Her'.

Tracks 10, at 54' 38", the last of those download links below, is however a bit of a
discovery: it's substantial highlights from the show of 21/7/68, including Free's 1st
session complete (I am not even sure if the BBC archive has every track from this one), and
three of the five tracks from the Bonzos' lost fourth session. Plus a few other 68 oddities,
but no Donovan or Moody Blues session tracks (he really did not like that stuff). Show
extract ends about 9 minutes from the end, which the taper used to record three Top 40
hits from the immediately following Pick of The Pops (I guess) a week or two later (Johnny
Nash, Dusty Springfield, SImon and Garfunkel).

Thanks, Andy - I'll listen to the other three below later this wek if I can...

ken