[peel] Re: Top Gear 1968 complete show

Eddie Baines eddiebaines@...
Sun Mar 1 00:33:05 CET 2009

Sorry ..........what a plonker I've been , just forgot the first rule of replying to emails...............READ the XXXXing email

Sorry, the program I have is obviously not the same, only the Ray Stevens record is the same
Sorry .................I did tell you I was new

However, what I lack in technical ability (And inability to read emails!) I hopefully make up for in enthusiasm !!!!!

Eddie

--- On Sat, 2/28/09, grang354 <colin_ellis@hotmail.com> wrote:
From: grang354 <colin_ellis@...>
Subject: [peel] Re: Top Gear 1968 complete show
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 3:01 PM

            Have added details (single/LP, label) to the tracklisting on the wiki

page. Hope it helps...

--- In peel@yahoogroups. com, Jimmy Stepek <jimmystep@. ..> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 27/2/09, ken garner <ken_garner@ ...> wrote:

> > I don't have any of those records, but I've just

> > double-checked agianst the PasB script, and

> > yes, the running order of tracks as on the wiki is indeed

> > complete and accurate. I agree

> > this is a perfect case for a reconstruction, given all the

> > other elements survive...

> > volunteers?

> I've extracted the non session tracks from the wiki entry;

> •	02-Ray Stevens-Mr Businessman

> •	05-Duncan Browne-On The Bombsite

> •	08-The Doors-Hello I Love You

> •	11-Traffic-You Can All Join In

> •	14-Earth Opera-The Red Sox Are Winning

> •	16-John Mayall-Killing Time

> •	19-Misunderstood- I Can Take You To The Sun

> •	22-Tyrannosaurus Rex-Salamander Palagander

> •	24-Buffy Sainte-Marie- Sometimes When I Get To Thinkin'

> •	26-Cream-Born Under A Bad Sign

> •	29-Duster Bennett-It's A Man Down There

> •	30-The Eclection-In The Early Days

> •	34-Fairport Convention-It' s Alright Ma, It's Only Witchcraft

> •	37-Jerry Lee Lewis-What Made Milwaukee Famous

> •	40-MC5-Borderline

> Are there clues in the PasB script about the format of these tracks

as some may have been singles whilst others are from albums. The first

single I ever bought was Tyrannosaurus Rex-One Inch Rock/Salamander

Palagander and I'm sure I still have it somewhere... . I have the

Cream, MC5, and Doors tracks on LP's although I have the feeling the

Doors track was a single release... I'll contribute what I can but

someone else needs to manage the project..... ...Cheers. ....Jimmy